Welcome to the second edition of Meal Prep Monday!
This week my meal prep is much smaller than usual due to it being a holiday week and my travels. I will still eat healthy while I’m out and about, but I didn’t think my mom would appreciate me adding multiple Tupperware containers of food to her fridge space on a holiday.
So to make it up to you, I’ve included my new favorite 21 Day Fix Approved Mac and Cheese. It is shockingly good and there is quite a bit of cheese in it, the big difference is that the base is pureed cauliflower and cheese, instead of cheese and milk or cream and flour.
First, let’s look at what I am eating this week to stay on track with my nutrition.
From the back row moving forward, I have my Chocolate Shakeology, which I have for every breakfast. Then I have four servings of my 21 Day Fix Mac and Cheese which adds up to a yellow, blue and green container.
The next loose row is an apple, tuna with lemon and pepper recipe per my last post, whole wheat crackers, Laughing Cow Cheese, 100 calorie almond and walnut packs and garlic hummus in 3 containers.
Row three is plain Greek yogurt with blackberries, apples, Sandwich Thins (only one yellow container!) and carrots.
The last loose row is another packet of almonds and walnuts, sunflower seeds, cashews, Tofurkey and carrots.
So that is three days of meals and snacks for this holiday week!
Now onto this glorious mac and cheese I promised you… this is my adaption of a recipe from “The Foodie and the Fix.”
Yield: approximately 8 servings
Serving Size: 1 cups per serving
Container Equivalents: 1 YELLOW, 1 BLUE, 1 GREEN
Calories per serving: 334
Fat per serving: 13 grams
- 6 cups cooked whole wheat elbow macaroni (about 3 cups dry)
- 4 cups broccoli florets, cooked and chopped smaller if they’re in large pieces
- 1 1/3 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- 1 1/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Minced onion to taste (or onion powder in a pinch)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups roughly chopped fresh cauliflower
- 1 cup unsalted vegetable broth
- Heat a pot of water on the stove to boiling. Lightly salt, then cook your pasta.
- While your pasta is cooking, steam your cauliflower and broccoli separately.
- Once that’s done, put it in a blender or processor with the vegetable broth and blend until it’s very smooth.
- Once you’ve drained your pasta, put it back in the pot it just cooked in on a low heat setting, add the cauliflower puree, the cheeses, the broccoli and stir until everything is heated through and the cheeses have melted. As you stir, add the salt, pepper and onion to taste.
Portion out and enjoy!
Are you interested in learning more about meal preparation, getting daily fitness tips and even learning what I do as a Beachbody Coach? Like my Facebook page and check it out!